Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI) Earnings Q3 2011
In January, Motorola, Inc., formerly traded under the now-defunct stock symbol NYSE: MOT, separated into two separate, publicly traded companies. This feature includes the earnings report of one of those companies, Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI). To read more about the split, check out this article from FierceMobileIT and this article at 24/7 Wall St.
- Net revenues of $3.3 billion, up 11 percent from third quarter 2010
- Non-GAAP net earnings of $0.12 per share compared to net earnings of $0.13 per share in third quarter 2010; GAAP net loss of $0.11 per share compared to net loss of $0.12 per share in third quarter 2010
- Mobile Devices revenues of $2.4 billion, up 20 percent from third quarter 2010; Non-GAAP operating loss of $15 million; GAAP operating loss of $41 million
- Shipped 11.6 million mobile devices, including 4.8 million smartphones
- Home revenues of $825 million, down 10 percent from third quarter 2010; Non-GAAP operating earnings of $77 million; GAAP operating earnings of $54 million
- Announced global launch of the iconic, ultra-thin RAZR smartphone, featuring sculpted glass face, diamond-cut aluminum accents, KEVLAR® fiber and vibrant 4.3-inch super AMOLED Advanced display.
- Announced award-winning Motorola ATRIX™ 2, offering enhanced entertainment experiences with dual-core processor, full 1080p video capture and free app for music and pictures.
- Unveiled MOTOACTV™, the new lightweight, wearable fitness performance tracker and smart music player rolled into one. Sync MOTOACTV with your PC so you can check out the music you perform to best, or track your workouts over extended time periods, set goals and even create workout competitions with your friends via the MOTOACTV Web Portal.
- Shipped DROID BIONIC™, combining dual-core 1 GHz processor, 1 GB of RAM, 4.3-inch qHD display and webtop application with 4G LTE speeds.
- Rolled out 4G LTE upgrade to existing Motorola XOOM customers to enhance the tablet experience with faster speeds and connections, and announced the Motorola XOOM Family Edition tablet, preloaded with family-friendly software including KidZone by Zoodles and MotoPack by Motorola.
- 4Home software platform chosen to power Verizon’s new Home Monitoring and Control service in North America for the smart, digital home.
- Introduced family of advanced video processing technologies to drive bandwidth efficiency and video quality in the European market, including the SE-6000 video encoder and the ST-6000 transcoder.
- Expanded Internet Protocol (IP) growth and leadership in Russia, extending IPTV set-top rollout with leading telecom provider, Vimpelcom Ltd.
- Selected by Henan Cable to deliver Video On Demand and Network Digital Video Recording services to its 3.6 million subscribers in China, using M3 Media Server family.
Key statistics for MMI from Yahoo! Finance