The First European Public OpenStack Cloud
ROTTERDAM, The Netherlands, May 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
CloudVPS Compute: the scalable, privacy-conscious cloud service, based on an open infrastructure.
The first OpenStack-based public European cloud has arrived: withCloudVPS Compute, cloud users can create and manage large networks of cloud servers, simply and on demand, within an enterprise-class infrastructure. The new service speaks to the needs of businesses and software developers wary of vendor lock-in, who are seeking an open cloud service where clients are not tied to one single provider. With Compute, CloudVPS offers an open alternative for US-based services such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure: data is kept within a European cloud environment, where the US Patriot Act doesn't apply.
Linux of the Cloud
The OpenStack open source cloud platform, also referred to as 'Linux of the Cloud, is enjoying a surge in popularity amongst developers and businesses. This is no coincidence: the various OpenStack components can be used to quickly build a private or public cloud, and the four-year-old project is maturing with blistering speed. CloudVPS is the first vendor in Europe to offer a public OpenStack cloud where users can procure completely flexible capacity.
"We see a huge need with developers and businesses for an open, European alternative to the well-known American cloud services," says Lennard Zwart, CEO of CloudVPS. "An important contributing factor is that the market is now realising that American cloud providers cannot legally guarantee the level of privacy required by many European customers."
Key advantages of CloudVPS Compute
- Create and manage complex virtual networks within seconds using an elegant user interface;
- Pay as you go: the user only pays for the resources actually allocated;
- Competitive pricing: computing power 30 to 50% cheaper than US-based cloud providers
- No vendor lock-in thanks to OpenStack;
- Automatic cloud management via the OpenStack API.
- Privacy & Security: No Patriot Act, European data jurisdiction, open source software and comprehensive certification;
- Extreme redundancy: hard disk data is saved four times.
- Seamlessly hybrid: significant presence both in private and public clouds
If you would like more information about Compute, or would like to hear the opinion of CEO Lennard Zwart about the developments in Cloud Computing, IT certification, public and hybrid clouds, privacy and OpenStack, please contact CloudVPS' PR office, Pride PR.